This Live Instructor-Led Training course is currently under development but you can pre-register your company or team by clicking HERE.
You can also purchase the self-pace online version of the course by clicking HERE.
Data mining, often referred to as data science is the hot new discipline providing a unique competitive advantage for businesses today. Its growing importance is recognized by Harvard Business professor Thomas Davenport’s best selling business book ‘Competing on Analytics’ which is a testimonial to the ever-growing importance of this discipline. Intuitive-based decisions and one’s prior experience is becoming more the exception rather than the rule. Businesses are now adopting the discipline of data mining to provide a more quantitative approach in their decision-making.
With the explosion of information, businesses are now able to develop solutions and evaluate their performance after their deployment. But how is data mining used to develop solutions and more importantly how do companies both action and evaluate these solutions. As with any discipline, though, there is a process and approach that is critical in creating the necessary steps for building successful solutions. This course is about how institutions become entrenched in this discipline utilizing the four step data mining methodology. Adopting this four step approach, both simple as well as advanced solutions are presented as valid business outcomes depending on the business problem. But the course’ focus on data reinforces the notion that data is the key in building successful data mining solutions.
Within this data mining process and through many years of experience in building analytical solutions, much learning has amassed on what works and what does not work. Through this course, this prior learning is leveraged as learners are provided with a comprehensive perspective on how to both build and deploy predictive analytics within their respective organizations. Numerous case studies within organizations demonstrate the increasing significance of data mining as a core business discipline.
Who should take this course
· Heads of Technology
· Heads of Analytics
· Marketing Managers
· Risk Executives
· C-Suite Executives: CEOs, CFOs, CMOs, COOs, CIOs etc
· Business Unit Heads
· Any manager with an interest in strategy and innovation
· Analytics practitioners
· Business Analysts
· Data Mining/Data Science Analysts
To capitalize on the expert knowledge in order to gain maximum value of these vital issues (Key Benefits):
- JUSTIFY Data Mining as a key corporate competitive advantage in order to stay on top within organizations
- IDENTIFY the four steps approach in building a data mining solution with proven results
- EXPLORE the appropriate tools in developing data mining analytics solutions to achieve optimum productivity
- GAIN INSIGHT on aligning the solutions with the organization’s business objectives from a whole new perspective
- FORMULATE data mining as part of the corporate culture to ensure performance sustainability
- ENHANCE Return On Investment (ROI) and business dollar benefits with data mining and determine $ benefits of using Big Data vs. Small Data
- REVIEW roles and responsibilities from a data mining perspective within multiple sectors
- COMPARE BIG Data And SMALL Data and determine what is really new and unique within the data mining discipline and within business
- MASTER the top 10 key tips in building successful predictive analytics solutions with well-recognized tools and practices.
Instructor: Richard Boire